Texas Pete Southern Boy Red Beans & Rice
- • 1 Tbsp of Canola Oil
- • 1/3 Cup of Onions, diced
- • 1/3 Cup of Green Bell Pepper, diced
- • 1/4 Cup of Celery, diced
- • 1 tsp of Garlic, minced
- • 1/2 tsp of Fresh Thyme, minced
- • 2/3 Cup of Long Grained White Rice
- • 1 1/2 Cups of Low Sodium Chicken Stock
- • 1 Cup of Texas Pete Salsa. medium*
- • 1 Ham Hock, small
- • 1/2 tsp of Kosher Salt
- • 1/4 tsp of Black Pepper
- • 6 Ounces of Cooked Andouille Sausage, bias cut 1/4" thick
- • 1 Cup of Kidney Beans, rinsed and drained
- • 1 Tbsp of Parsley, chopped
- Heat canola oil in a large Dutch oven over medium high heat. Add onions, green bell peppers and celery. Cook until beginning to soften but not brown, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add garlic and thyme and cook until another minutes. Add rice and stir to coat with oil.
- Stir in chicken stock, salsa, ham hock, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cover. Cook 10 minutes. Add Andouille and beans. Cook for 45 minutes or until rice is cooked.
- Remove ham hock and sprinkle in chopped parsley.
More Side Recipes: